Dates: 23.05.2024 – 31.05.2024
Place: Benalmádena, Spain
Description: In a rapidly evolving digital age, the risk of social exclusion is heightened for those who lack digital access and skills. This challenge is particularly acute for young people from diverse backgrounds. “Empowering Voices aims to equip youth workers with the tools and knowledge to combat digital exclusion, while promoting the EU’s core values of inclusiveness, tolerance and solidarity. The project focuses on using digital platforms as a means to empower young voices, especially those from marginalised groups, and to ensure that their participation in the digital world is in line with the ethos of the European Union.
Main Objective: The primary objective of this program is to empower youth workers with the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively utilize digital tools and platforms for fostering an inclusive, respectful, and engaging environment for young people. This involves integrating EU values into their digital youth work practices, ensuring that all young people, regardless of their background, have equitable access to digital resources and opportunities. The aim is to create a digital space where youth feel safe, heard, and inspired to actively participate in their communities, reflecting the principles of equality, diversity, and solidarity championed by the European Union.
- To build digital literacy: Improve the digital skills of youth workers, focusing on inclusive methods to engage young people in digital spaces.
- Promoting inclusive digital practices: Developing strategies to create more inclusive digital content and platforms for diverse youth groups.
- EU values and digital ethics: Explore the intersection of EU values and digital ethics, with a focus on online safety, privacy and respectful communication.
- Engagement through social media: Train youth workers in the effective use of social media to reach and engage with marginalised youth, fostering a sense of community and belonging.
- Collaborative Digital Projects: Facilitate the design and implementation of digital projects that allow young people to express their opinions and ideas, while reinforcing EU values.
- Advocacy and political engagement: Empowering youth workers to advocate for policies that support digital inclusion and reflect EU values, especially in the context of youth work.
Working language: English
Costs: Travel expenses from Germany to Spain and return will be reimbursed up to max. 320/220 EUR (depending on the departure city).
Contribution: To participate in this project, participants should share the values and support the mission of Copernicus Berlin. With the contributions of the selected participants Copernicus Berlin can create new opportunities. In the application form there is the possibility to choose the amount of the contribution. With a high contribution, participants can present their strong support and might be selected quickly. Contributions of 200 EUR or more are eligible for a donation certificate from Copernicus Berlin. For information on how to receive a donation certificate or other benefits, please click here: copernicusberlin.org/donation
Accommodation: The accomodation costs are covered. During the days of the training course participants will be accommodated in Aparthotel First Flatotel International.
Meal: The costs for 3 times meal are covered.
Travel: You can also stay 2 days longer or arrive 2 days earlier and explore the area at your own expense.
Registration is open until 25th of February.
More questions: firstname.lastname@example.org